Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted text is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs/DOI for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, all illustrations, figures, and plates are at the end.
- The text strictly adheres to the length, stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines (Author Guidelines General: PDF / DOC ), (Author Guidelines Template: PDF / DOC ).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Before proceeding with the submission of the article you must be in possession of the copyright or the permission to publish the images that you want to publish. VO Journal is not responsible for the improper use of images.
- Proceeding with submission, the Peer Review Process of VO is accepted (including the following rules). The decisions of the Reviewers and of the Editor cannot be discussed. The Author who is not satisfied with the decision of the reviewers and of the Editor can withdraw his/her submission notifying his/her decision within one week from the notification of the Reviewers/Editor decision. An article can be not published even if accepted by reviewers at the discretion of the Editor or of the Editorial Board. In such a case, no explanation is due to the author.
Dear user, in this section of the site we provide you with indications on the type of information collected online and on the various possibilities you have to intervene in the collection and use of such information on the site.
This information is also provided pursuant to Article 13 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 of the Code regarding the protection of personal data to those who interact with Web services of the Vicino Oriente journal, accessible electronically from the address: http://www.journal-vo.it corresponding to the homepage of the official website of Vicino Oriente Journal.
The information is provided only for the website of the www.journal-vo.it and not for other websites that may be consulted by the user through links.
The information is also based on Recommendation no. 2/2001 that the European authorities for the protection of personal data, gathered in the Group established by Article 29 of the European Directive No. 95/46 / EC, adopted on 17 May 2001 to identify some minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online and, in particular, the methods, timing and nature of the information that the data controllers must provide to users when they connect to pages web, regardless of the purpose of the link.
THE HOLDER OF THE TREATMENT
Following consultation of this site, data relating to identified or identifiable persons may be processed. The data controller is Vicino Oriente in the seat of Museo del Vicino Oriente, Egitto e Mediterraneo, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome (Italy).
PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
The processing operations connected to the web services of this site take place at the aforementioned offices of Vicino Oriente and are only handled by technical personnel in charge of processing, or by persons in charge of occasional maintenance operations. No data deriving from the web service is communicated or disseminated. The personal data provided by users who request dispatch of informative material (such as newsletters, etc.) are used only to perform the service or provision requested.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols.
This information is not collected to be associated with identified interested parties, but by their very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users connecting to the site, the addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user's computer environment.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning. The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the site only at the request of the supervisory bodies in charge.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mails to the addresses indicated on this site entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender's address, necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the message.
OPTIONAL PROVISION OF DATA
Apart from that specified for navigation data, the user is free to provide personal data contained in the request/registration forms to Vicino Oriente or indicated in contacts to request the sending of informative material or other communications. Failure to provide such data may make it impossible to obtain what has been requested.
PART RESERVED FOR MINORS
No person under the age of 18, without the prior consent of their parents or guardians, may send information to this website, nor may they make purchases or complete legal acts on this site without the aforementioned consent, unless this is permitted by the regulations in force.
Personal data are processed with automated tools for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. Specific security measures are observed to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES